Gary Gestson, Realtor
A Recent Rave...
I have been a settlement attorney for over 20 years, and am also a licensed real estate salesperson. I hired Long & Foster's Gary Gestson to list my historic home and am glad I did. When the home was not generating much activity, and my previous "top" realtor wanted to reduce the price ANOTHER ten percent, I decided to go with a realtor who specializes in historic homes. Gary left the listing price alone, staged the property beautifully with the assistance of his top notch team, and marketed it with state of the art techniques. The home quickly sold at close to the listing price. Gary was very responsive when I called, he is extremely knowledgeable, and I would recommend him without hesitation.
As a historic home owner contemplating your future security and the sale of perhaps your biggest asset - you are about to make the most important business decision of your life.
Which Realtor is best qualified to successfully sell your unique home, and who are you going to trust with this huge responsibility?
Would the owner of a rare and valuable 19th century American painting, entrust its sale on consignment to the poster gallery at the local mall? Of course not. The rational owner of such a masterpiece would place his trust in an expert, an art professional with a reputation for successfully marketing 19th century American Art.
Following is a summary of our marketing plan, scores of testimonials for your review. Please compare this focused and highly effective approach to marketing your unique property with others that you are considering, and then call Gary Gestson for a personal, no obligation presentation.
- There are 4 factors that influence a historic home buyer's decision to purchase - location, condition, price & historic significance. If these factors are not properly aligned, especially in the current market, a historic home will, likely, not sell. We are experts at evaluating and aligning these critical elements.
- We understand historic sellers & buyers and have created a very successful business exceeding their expectations.
- We sell the majority of our own listings, because both buyers & sellers come to us as experts in the field and Gary's extraordinary negotiating skills create a win for the seller.
- Long & Foster is the largest privately held real estate company in the USA, dominates the region in real estate sales, and Gary Gestson is historic property specialist with the company.
- Perhaps, only 6 out of 1,000 qualified buyers will be interested in a historic home, we cast a big marketing net in order to find those future stewards.
Certified Historic Properties Specialist- Gary Gestson is one of a select few in the DC area who has had extensive training in historic restoration and related programs, tax credits, historic property appraisals, historic home marketing and architectural history, and is certified with the CMHP professional designation.
Top Producing Agent - Gary Gestson is consistently one of the top producing agents at Long & Foster Real Estate Inc. (13,000 agents) & he is also ranked in the top 5% of Realtors in North America.
Feature Articles- We send out a press release to the media informing the editors that a significant historic home buying opportunity is now on the market. As a result, we get results with features in the Gazette, the Washington Times, The DC Examiner (500K readers), The Washington Post, Country Living Magazine and others.
Communications between Seller and Agent - Our Sellers communicate with Gary Gestson directly and he is always available for his clients (re: testimonials). His cell phone is 301-646-0046 and his email address is gary@LNF.com (he carries a smartphone)
Sphere Marketing - We notify everyone who has expressed an interest to in purchasing a historic home to us, all of our past buyers & sellers, other real estate brokers & the 100 top producing Long and Foster agents that we have a new historic listing for sale. We have a extensive referral network that is a powerful tool in the promotion of our listings.
Realtor Marketing - We personally invite the top 100 Long and Foster agents to preview our new listings. We send personal announcements to up to 6,000 of the areas best agents to let them know about the virtues and benefits of our new historic property offerings.
Luxury Historic Estates - We feature our $1M+ homes on the most significant luxury websites. We notify 180 international embassies in Washington DC of these buying opportunities.
Social Media -
We have spent many years optimizing our internet presence and working our way up in the search engine rankings. We are consistently displayed as one of the top 10 websites out of millions of search results for all the major search engines.
Take a test drive of the major search engines for historic properties...
Over 90% of all home buyers go to the internet to search for homes. We are experts at marketing the internet.
- www.HistoricHomeTeam.com (aka www.gestson.com) - We have an award winning marketing website that offers real time property searches, "jump" searches exclusively for area historic homes, national & international property searches, virtual tours, video tours, a popular web log (BLOG), photos, links to historic details and registrations, maps & directions, and more...
- Property Page with printable professional brochure, virtual tour with up to 50 photos & panorama images, video, property history, registrations & awards, professional quality photos, descriptions, maps & directions.
- Over 15,000 Viewings per month
- www.HistoricHomeTeam.net - Our Historic Homes Marketing Group website offering detailed historic home marketing services to homeowners and Realtors outside of of the DC area.
- www.HistoricHomeTown.com - Our popular historic homes website.
- www.HistoricHomesNetwork.com - Our Historic Homes Network website dedicated to providing maximum exposure for historic homes & estates.
- Professional Photography with up to 50 professional photos, our homes stand out in the market place.
- Video Tours - Professional video on our YouTube.com video channel.
- Realtor.com Enhanced Membership - This allows us to showcase our property listings with 25 photos, virtual tours, video tours, additional information, website links, and premium placement on the most popular real estate search engine on the internet. We can also produce reports showing how many people have viewed a listing, which is crucial in evaluating our marketing of a listing.
- Top Internet Search Engines - High ranking with internet search engines is critical to effective marketing - Search top engines, like GOOGLE, YAHOO & BING (take a test drive) to see real time how we rank today.
Some of our website names in search engines: historichometeam.com, gestson.com, historichometeam.net & garygestson.longandfoster.net.
- Other Search Engines - Our Historic Home Team website is consistently a top 10 search result for www.askjeeves.com, www.aol.com, www.altavista.com.
- Other Internet venues include LongandFoster.com, Craigslist, Trulia, Oodle, Backpage, Local.com, Lycos, Propsmart, Edgio, Vast.
Christie's International Real Estate is the largest international network of independent real estate brokers dedicated to the marketing and sale of important properties ($1M+). Because Long & Foster is an exclusive affiliate in its marketing area and Gary is a designated agent affiliate, our Historic Home Team can provide enormous and far-reaching exposure to a qualified audience of affluent home buyers and sellers that no other real estate company in our area can offer.
Historic Property Signage - Along with our regionally recognized red Long and Foster placard, we install a bright blue "Historic Property For Sale" sign rider with our HistoricHomeTeam.com web address in bright red font, along the words "Virtual Tours, Video Tours, Photos, Historic Details" and in a bold large white font, our toll-free number 866-437-8766. Within seconds, a prospective buyer can access important information about the property by cell phone, PDA or laptop computer.
From a distance, the readily visible and striking images of the Long & Foster and Historic Home Team branded signs, set the house apart from the neighboring properties, identifying it as a Historic Home and an extraordinary buying opportunity.
Team of Experts - We have a team of professionals who are experts in their fields and understand the unique nature of historic homes:
- Historic Home Inspectors
- Loan Officers
- Settlement Companies
- Staging - Natalie Gestson, our professional staging director, evaluates a property for improvements that can enhance its appeal to a buyer.
- Appraisers - Because of the unique and difficult nature of a historic home appraisal, appraisers often contact Gary Gestson, as an expert in the field, for assistance with an appraisal.
- Trained Historic Craftsmen
Multiple Listing Service Membership - Most Realtors are members of only one MLS, locally. Gary Gestson is an active member of 2 area Multiple Listing Services:
- MRIS (Greater DC area - 60,000 Realtor members)
- RAYAC (Adams & York Counties in PA - 900 Realtor members)
This is a significant advantage to our listing clients, because rarely is a historic home sold to someone in the same community, buyers will normally be moving into the community from some distance. We can notify almost 70,000 Realtors that there is a great historic home buying opportunity for their clients.
National Database - We maintain a large database of historic home buyers who are looking for properties in the Washington DC/Philadelphia areas.
Please contact Gary Gestson at 866-437-8766 or by email gary@LNF.com for a free, no obligation historic home marketing consultation.